Makes 15 Mushrooms
- 15 White medium button mushrooms
- 1 Large zucchini washed with ends trimmed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for frying
- 1 Tsp dry oregano flakes
- 2 Tbsp pecorino cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove stalks from mushrooms and scoop out flesh with a teaspoon to create a small pocket for stuffing, reserve flesh and stalks for stuffing mixture.
- Slice 15 slices of zucchini into wide ribbons with peeler to wrap around mushrooms.
- Place mushroom flesh, stalks and leftover chopped zucchini in food processor and blitz
- for 10-15 seconds. Place in bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, cheese, oregano flakes, salt and pepper and combine.
- Fill mushrooms with stuffing then wrap zucchini ribbons tightly around each mushroom making sure to overlap.
- Heat pan add 1 tbsp olive oil, place mushrooms in pan and reduce heat, brown on one side approx. 2 mins before turning and continue to cook for approximately 3 mins.
- Serve as a starter or appetiser or add as a side dish to your plate.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL MUSHROOMS RECIPES
- Mushroom Recipes
Filesize: 3.27 MB