Mushroom, eggplant and turkey orecchiette
- 400gm sliced white medium button mushrooms
- 1 x 500gm pkt orecchiette pasta
- 500gm turkey mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for eggplant)
- 1 large eggplant ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & diced
- 2 x 400gm cans diced tomatoes
- 1 x 700gm tomato passata
- Chopped handful of each, fresh continental parsley & basil
- 50grams grana padana cheese (or good quality parmesan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the orecchiette in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Strain, drizzle with a dose of olive oil & set aside.
- Cut the eggplant into quarter’s lengthwise, sprinkle with salt, a little olive oil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat pan add 2 tbsp olive oil and brown all sides of eggplant, remove and set aside. Once cooled cut into 2cm thick slices.
- Heat large pan add 3 tbsp olive oil and turn to low heat add onion, garlic, fennel seeds and sauté for 5 mins until softened.
- Add mushrooms and turkey mince cook for approx. 5 mins on high heat to release moisture, break up with wooden spoon & cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, passata, season with salt and pepper, simmer on low heat for approx. 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Fold cooked eggplant through sauce add cooked pasta to pan with basil and parsley leaving some to garnish and stir through.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parsley and top with grated cheese.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL MUSHROOMS RECIPES
- Mushroom Recipes
Filesize: 3.27 MB